Follow these 10 steps to use the Calculator to explore seed mixtures. Read detailed instructions with images here.
- Choose seed species — select one or more species from the list below. Then, click Submit.
- Enter an estimated seeding rate and area
- Choose mixture by weight or composition — Composition is by porportion of total seed count.
- Enter % values for each species
- Enter PS % or Germimation % [OPTIONAL] — Adjust the calculation by entering Percent Live Seed (PLS) and/or Germination, which may be obtained from a Seed Analysis Certificate.
- Add a custom species [OPTIONAL] — if, for example, a species or variant is not in the list
- Click "Calculate" - run the calculator!
- Review results
- Change your entries and re-caclulate [OPTIONAL] — experiment as much as you want
- Print results [OPTIONAL]